Friday, June 29

Subtle difference between appliances

Every time I checked the dryer both of my work shirts were in today, it was off and the clothes were still soaked.  This happened three times before I decided to wait in the laundry room to find out what was going on.

After about ten minutes a Bulgarian girl walks into the laundry room and opens all three dryers to check if the loads are dry so she can put her wet clothes in.  She opens a dryer, then closes it, then moves onto the next one.  Do you detect the missing step in this process?

"Are you going to turn those dryers back on?" I ask her.

She turns around.  "It is automatic," she says.

My eyes get big and I smile in disbelief.  "Noo, it's not."  I walk over and show her.

"Oh!" she says and laughs.  "Sorree!"

No comments:

Post a Comment