Tuesday, August 14

"She is NOT a Sagittarius" --from a different conversation at a different job I was eavesdropping on and laughing at

It's my birthday on Friday, I said, and rambled a little.  Then I said, "When is your birthday?"

"November 23," he answered.  This co-worker I only see once a week at 5:30am. 

"So then what's your sign?" I asked.

"Uh... Sagittarius."

"Do you feel like a Sagittarius?"

"Ah... no, not really.  I don't know.  No.  I don't let other people tell me who I am."

-----

Two thoughts:
1. Do people realize my (impertinent) sudden interest in them is not out of nowhere, but out of a self-conscious feeling that I have been talking too much about myself and I would like to immediately balance the conversation back out?  If so, does it make my interest seem insincere?  If so, do they care?
2. That's a good answer.  I DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL ME WHO I AM.  That's like something Coco Chanel would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment