Friday, June 29

Things that happened at the airport (From the drafts folder)

1. I kept running my tongue along the roof of my mouth, which I burned on a slice of pizza yesterday.
2. I overheard the Cinnabon girl who was filling my water bottle tell her guy co-worker she had a crush on the magazine kiosk guy across the way. Both she and the kiosk guy looked like teenagers, Asian. I wrote a note that said, "I've noticed you across the way and I think we could have a spark. Come by and say hi sometime. xo, Cinnabon Girl."
I folded it and wrote on the outside READ ME. Then Iris dropped it on his counter when he wasn't looking. We watched him unfold it, read it, smile and shake his head, re-fold the note and put it back in his pocket.
We watched him re-read it and look toward Cinnabon a lot. I bought a gross sandwich from him and heard the tail end of his conversation with another airport employee, a black man in his 50s or 60s: "That's something you don't want to mix up!" Both laughed.
I turned around and noticed there were TWO cute young Cinnabon girls! Ach!
But maybe they both like him.
We saw him write a note and fold it up and put it in his shirt pocket. I'm going to assume he marries one of them.
3. I got mustard in my hair from said gross sandwich.
4. I unintentionally brought a full-size half-empty tube of toothpaste with me in my backpack, and a sleeve of matches which escaped detection.
5. I saw two people I worked with in Talkeetna

No comments:

Post a Comment