Sunday, August 14

Talkeetna Wearing Thin

Yesterday I fell asleep at 1:30pm and woke up at midnight tonight.  Then I went to town with some people and saw a reggae band play at the brewery.  The room smelled like B.O.  I ordered an IPA. 

Then we went to the Fairview and I did not let myself get talked into doing a shot of salmon-flavored vodka.  (Those who did said it tasted like ham.  Their breath afterward smelled like ham.)  I drank a duck fart, howevs.  (Kahlua, Bailey's, Crown Royal.)  Then I ate a hot dog.  Everyone was standing around talking.  Conversations like wet matches.  I had woken up only two hours before so I didn't feel like getting drunk.  If I had gotten drunk I probably would have forced someone to tell me about their childhood, and then I wouldn't have been bored anymore. 

But imagine you woke up at 8:00am and by ten you drank a pint of beer, did a shot and ate a hot dog.  Why would you do all that in the morning?  Because you're an alcoholic.  Or in a rock band.  I'm neither.

So I went home.

If there is any good reason why I should not be chowing down gummy vitamins as if they are gummy bears, I do not know it. 

3 comments:

  1. I've been remembering my dreams lately too! And they're all about men.

    I just woke up about an hour ago, so I better go and drink liquor and eat a hot dog. My rock band is coming over in a few minutes as well. Then we're going to an AA meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived in a castle with Erin and Jessica.

    ReplyDelete