Friday, June 10

There's Also a Mosquito Bite on My Middle Finger

"Where's my planner?  I need to look at a map of July," I thought accidentally, meaning calendar.

The mosquito bite on my wristbone right next to my watch is the worst one because when my watch bumps it it says, "That feels good.  Almost like you're scratching me.  You should scratch me, that would feel even better."  It has a whispery voice that my conscious mind doesn't notice right away, that my unconscious mind blindly obeys.  "Exercise and eat right," my mosquito bites don't whisper.  Could they breed mosquitoes to improve the demands of their poison?

3 comments:

  1. Perfect description of irritating mosquito bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Perfect description. I've had the eye watering issue before, and it makes me constantly apologize and assure people I'm not spontaneously crying about something. It happened once when I was teaching a lesson for 5th graders. They got all quiet, and were totally concerned that I was upset about something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Map of July! I do that too about calendars! Actually, I'll accidentally refer to anything by any other term. It seems metaphorical, but really it's just because I forget words all the time.

    ReplyDelete