Monday, June 20

Knock Knock, Who's There, Amos

I realized my instinct not to kill mosquitos with my bare hands (paper towel! shoe!) was a handicap in the summerlong war against Them in My Room, biting me while I am asleep.  Stinging?  I just looked it up.  I guess they "string with their mouths."  

So I got rid of it, the instinct, and now I don't have to look away to find something to smash them with.  My aim is better and quicker.

I don't like to wipe them off the wall right away.  Grotesque tally marks.  Oh my gosh... I just realized that's why hunters put deer heads on their wall.  It's the same thing.  I can no longer judge them.  Let ye who has not left dead mosquito guts on their wall a few days cast the first stone. 

1 comment:

  1. You're becoming so earthy now that you're in the wilderness. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete